ABOUT THE REGION
The Eastern Region, with an area of 19,323 square kilometres, occupying 8.1 per cent of the total land area of Ghana, is the sixth largest region of the country. A total of 2,633,154 population for the region, representing 11.1 per cent of Ghana’s population. It is the third most populous region, after the Ashanti and Greater Accra. The population is made up of 49.2 per cent males and 50.8 per cent females. The region is divided into administrative MMDAs. The total number of MMDAs were increased from 21 to 26.
- Minister for Youth and Sports, Hon. Isaac Asiamah has cut sod for the construction of multi purpose youth sports resource center at Koforidua. The project …Read More »
- Hon. Eastern Regional Minister, Mr. Eric Kwakye Darfour has urged mining companies to do more in bringing development to the communities in which they operate. …Read More »
- The Minister for Trade and Industry, Hon. Alan Kyeremanteng has stated that government would support business and private sector development. He added that government would …Read More »
- The Eastern Regional Co-ordinating Council (ERCC) has celebrated the Senior Citizens in the Region. The event which brought senior citizens from across all the twenty-six …Read More »
- The Eastern Regional Minister, Hon. Eric Kwakye Darfour has urged Vocational and Technical Training institutions to take advantage of H. E Nana Akufo Addo government …Read More »
- NEW QUEENMOTHER & ANKOBEAHENE Queenmothers have been commended for their critical role in traditional governance in the country. They wield social powers and influence as …Read More »