ABOUT THE REGION
The Eastern Region, with an area of 19,323 square kilometres, occupying 8.1 per cent of the total land area of Ghana, is the sixth largest region of the country. A total of 2,633,154 population for the region, representing 11.1 per cent of Ghana’s population. It is the third most populous region, after the Ashanti and Greater Accra. The population is made up of 49.2 per cent males and 50.8 per cent females. The region is divided into administrative MMDAs. The total number of MMDAs were increased from 21 to 26.
- Ghana’s 60th Independence Day Anniversary Celebration was colourfully marked throughout the country. In Koforidua, 1,599 school children drawn from basic and second cycle Institutions as …Read More »
- CHIEF OF KWAHU ASAKRAKA GETS E/R COUNCIL OF STATE MEMBER SLOT A 63 year old Chief of Kwahu Asakraka, Nana Somuah Mireku-Nyampong has been elected …Read More »
- The formats for the Annual performance Evaluation reporting for RCD and MMDCD are ready for download Download Attachments annual-performance-evaluation_reporting-format_-mmdcdFile size: 109 KB Downloads: 21 annual-performance-evaluation_reporting-format_-rcdFile …Read More »
- NEW QUEENMOTHER & ANKOBEAHENE Queenmothers have been commended for their critical role in traditional governance in the country. They wield social powers and influence as …Read More »
- The Lordina Foundation has presented a number of medical supplies to two hospitals in the Eastern Region. The facilities are Asamankese Government Hospital and Ghana …Read More »