ABOUT THE REGION
The Eastern Region, with an area of 19,323 square kilometres, occupying 8.1 per cent of the total land area of Ghana, is the sixth largest region of the country. A total of 2,633,154 population for the region, representing 11.1 per cent of Ghana’s population. It is the third most populous region, after the Ashanti and Greater Accra. The population is made up of 49.2 per cent males and 50.8 per cent females. The region is divided into administrative MMDAs. The total number of MMDAs were increased from 21 to 26.
- Deputy Minister for Health and a Member of Parliament for Bibiani Anwhiaso Bekwae, Hon. Kingsley Aboagye Gyedu has paid a courtesy on the Eastern Regional …Read More »
- Nigeria High Commission to Ghana, Ambassador Femi Michael Abikoye has paid a working visit to the Eastern Region. As part of his visit, he paid …Read More »
- 9BS International – a multinational company specialised in financial engineering, trade, investment and projects geared towards socio-economic transformations, has launched 3 social amenities projects as …Read More »
- National Plan of Action phase II (NPA 2) for the Elimination of worst form of Child labour in the country has been launched at Okonam, …Read More »
- Abuakwa North Municipal Assembly has elected Hon. Isaac Kena Duodu as the Presiding Member (PM) for the newly created Assembly. Out of the total …Read More »
- Workers in the Eastern Region have been celebrated for their enormous contribution to developmental agenda of the government. Addressing workers in the …Read More »